Assignment: Please have the following questions completed before the next class period. For my A Day students, this work will be due on Friday, August 31st. For my B Day students, this work will be due on Tuesday, September 4th. Please remember: when you answer any question you must provide textual evidence in order for your answer to be correct.
Grendel Attacks the Danes, The Coming of Beowulf, and The Battle with Grendel
1. Who is Higlac?
2. Who is Hrothgar?
3. What has Grendel been doing to terrorize the Danes?
4. What is a mead hall?
5. True or False. Grendel is a descendant of Abel.
6. What does Unferth bring up about Beowulf’s past?
7. True or False. Beowulf fights Grendel with his bare hands.
8. How does Beowulf kill Grendel?
9. What does Beowulf do with Grendel’s arm?
10. How does Hrothgar reward Beowulf for defeating Grendel?
Ms. Davis is my name and teaching English (along with several other superhuman powers) is my game. I love language and the power of words, and I hope some of my enthusiasm rubs off on you as well.