So maybe the picture above is how you feel before a major exam...but never fear, a study guide is here! Some of the elements on this study guide have been covered in class and some of them have not, but WE WILL GET TO THEM ALL!!! Try your hand at practicing these skills and even defining some of the words we haven't gotten to yet. This will put you ahead of everyone else. Go ahead...be like Okonkwo and not like Unoka!
4.5 Week Study Guide
Tenth Grade World Literature
Students will be able to:
1. Respond to constructed response questions.
2. Identify and analyze the development of themes.
3. Identify context clues in order to determine the meaning of
unfamiliar words and phrases
4. Cite strong and thorough textual evidence in order to support an
analysis of what the text says explicitly
5. Cite strong and thorough textual evidence in order to support
inferences drawn from the text.
6. Analyze word choice in order to determine the cumulative impact of specific choices on meaning and tone (including how the language evokes a sense of time and place; how it sets a formal or informal tone).
TERMS TO KNOW:
Author’s Purpose and Author’s Perspective
In order to help you understand the content of your 10th grade literature class, you will find information from which you need to take notes. You will also find additional materials to help you along in the course.